The Sunday Supper movement continues to capture the attention of a wide variety of folks, not just food bloggers and wine lovers. This week we are joined by Merrell, yes the clothing and footwear company! Their philosophy is “We think, live, perform and GET outside!” They asked to join us this week and have asked us to share how we enjoy our time outside with our families.
To thank our readers, they have selected ten bloggers to offer a giveaway of one of their products. I am happy to let you know that Wine Everyday was selected to offer my readers a chance to win this pair of beautiful boots! These look like the perfect boots to wear to a Fall Wine Festival!
My family’s favorite outdoor activities revolve around football tailgates and wine festivals. You can guess which is my favorite! From the time my daughter was about 2 we started bringing her to outdoor food and wine festivals. We live in the Mid-Atlantic region near the Chesapeake Bay, while not California wine-country, there are still plenty of wineries on the East Coast to visit and generally there is something going on every weekend.
Family friendly wine events are a great way to get the kids outdoors to have fun and to relax. So much of our schedule is rush-rush-rush; we sometimes forget to schedule some relaxation time into the week. Sitting back with a glass of wine, listening to music, the kids enjoying face painting, magic shows and grape-stomping are my idea of family relaxation. And, living in the Chesapeake Bay region, there are always crab cakes being served for dinner. This is my favorite way to spend a Sunday with my family. As the years have passed and now that my daughter is all grown up and living on her own, I’m passing on and sharing our tradition with my sister and her family. They live along the Maryland wine trail as well and her boys have become champions at the grape-stomp competitions!
To view up coming wine events in the Mid-Atlantic region visit Maryland Wine and who knows, you may bump into me at one of these events!
Please share with me what you and your family do to celebrate the outdoors, comment below (be sure to leave your twitter handle in your comment so you can be entered!) and join in on Twitter for our #SundaySupper chat at 7pm (Eastern) to be eligible to win!
Increase your chances of winning by visiting the other nine food bloggers who are participating in the contest. Each giving away a different Merrell gift.
- Blueberry Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Korean Ribs – Alaska Camping Edition with MrsMamaHen
- Fresh Corn on the Cob by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado by Basic n Delicious
- Shallot BBQ Shredded Beef by Juanita’s Cocina
- Taking #SundaySupper Outdoors With a Fun Picnic…Featuring Spicy Pinto and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado by The Weekend Gourmet
- On Top of Our Game with Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars by The Watering Mouth
- Chicken & Dumplings Around the Campfire by Daily Dish Recipes
- Wine & Food Festivals; a lifestyle the whole family can enjoy! by Wine Everyday
- Outdoor Grilling Filipino Rice Cakes in Coconut & Banana Leaves by The Queen’s Notebook
The inspiration continues with more recipes and wine pairings by Martin Redmond at ENOFLYZ wineblog:
- Embracing Old Family Traditions while Creating New Ones ~ Enchiladas de Chile y Ajo by Girlichef
- The Embassy´s Nut Crescents by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chicken Curry Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosecco Sangria by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Bringing #SundaySupper to All by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey Mustard Baked Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- S’mores Brownies: Desserts Make #SundaySupper by Mama Mommy Mom
- Tandoori Salmon Rolled in Whole Wheat Couscous by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Macaroni with Spinach Pecan Pesto-Enjoying by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps Fam Friends Food
- Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style Family Foodie
- Wines For The Foods That Move You ENOFYLZ
Many thanks to the good folks at Merrell www.merrell.com for giving us the opportunity to share our stories. Visit them on twitter at @merrelloutside and Facebook www.facebook.com/merrell
To learn more about the Sunday Supper movement visit Family Foodie.