Cristina Ferrare is joining us this week as we continue to bring back Sunday Supper around the family table! The movement that has gained nationwide attention is celebrating dishes from Cristina’s fifth cookbook Big Bowl of Love. The meals have been prepared by dedicated food bloggers who are as passionate about food as I am about wine. My job, is to make sure no one goes thirsty! Here are the featured dishes and the wines to pair with them. Please join us on Twitter and Pinterest Sunday, May 20th beginning 3pm Eastern and let us know what’s cookin’ in your house!
Pinot Noir is such a food friendly wine but it can be expensive, try Calera Central Coast with perfume aromas with deep plum and dark fruit flavors. A superbly made wine for about $24
Albariño, from the western seashore of Spain is my go to wine for seafood and Asian dishes. Try to find Laxas for about $15 click here for full review.
- Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Cucumber Salsa Beetles Kitchen
- Grilled Orange-Ginger Chicken Breasts Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Risotto Magnolia Days
I love a California Chardonnay with earthy foods like pesto! Try to find Napa Cellars Chardonnay for about $22. Check out the full review here.
- Pesto Pasta Katherine Martinelli
- Roasted Beet Wild Arugula with Goat Cheese Salad Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
From the famous French wine producer E. Guigal; their Côtes du Rhône blanc is a welcome pairing for these dishes. This mostly Viognier blended wine has floral aromas that lead to a mineral mouth-feel and a dry finish. A quality wine for about $10
- Tomato Mozzarella Tower with Shallot Bacon Dressing The Primlani Kitchen
- Chicken Picatta Over Pasta Family Foodie
- Fall Off The Bone Chicken Thighs Lovely Pantry
- Risotto with Fresh Peas and Asparagus Big Bears Wife
Cabernet Sauvignon is such a chocolate friendly wine. Try to find BR Cohn Silver Label for about $17, rich full berry flavors with a hint of vanilla, it’s one of my favorites!
Sparkling wines are often served as an apéritif, but I love them with desserts. Lunetta Prosecco from Cavit has fresh fruit aromas and a touch of lemon flavor with a clean and crisp finish. $12
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries The Messy Baker
- Rice Pudding Rambling Notebook
- Strawberry Shortcake That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Melon Medley with Lemon Sorbet The Primlani Kitchen
- Strawberry Shortcake German Foodie
To learn more about Sunday Supper, please visit Family Foodie!Photograph courtesy of http://www.ChristinaFerraraCooks.com